Last modified: August 25, 2021
Medina Fiber, LLC (“Medina Fiber” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website medina.litcommunities.net (the “Website”), when you download or use the MyMedinaFiber mobile application (the “App”), or when you request and receive Medina Fiber Internet and Voice Services (the “Services”) or modems and routers (the “Equipment”) (collectively, the “Products”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- On the App.
- Through the Equipment.
- Through the Services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Any other website, application, or service operated by Medina Fiber or any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Products.
Our Products are not intended for children, as defined under applicable law. Children may not provide any information to or on the Products. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at the phone number or email address identified in the Contact Information section.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Products, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, , and other identifiers by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Products, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate the Products. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, device identifiers, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- When you use the Equipment.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Products may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information collected when you submit an enterprise service request form, contact us, sign up for service, and sign in to your account. This information may include your name, email address, physical address, password, telephone number, company name, point of contact first and last name, number of employees, information related to service level agreements, and the content of any messages you may send us.
- Information that you provide when you execute an agreement for and receive the Services. This information may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, Account PIN, login details, payment information (such as credit card or bank account details), customer proprietary network information, location information (including as derived from your IP address), the type and amount of usage of the Services, amounts of data used on the internet and phone, information related to the use and location of your device and our networks, applications you download to your device, data used, device history, volume, length, type, and duration of mobile service used, service history, billing history, device history, and business contact information (including name, title, company, email address, login details, and phone number).
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Information collected when you perform a speed test on the Website. This information may include your IP address, information related to your wireless provider and host, and ping, jitter, upload, and download information.
- Information collected when you use the App, including your name, profile name, street address, billing address, photo, email address, password, country, phone number, language, passcode, device QR code, router MAC address and serial number, Medina account number, network type, name (SSID), band, duration, and password, security type, encryption type, information related to your devices (including information related to the wi-fi network they are connected to, download, upload, and protocol information, efficiency, band, and channel information, IP address, MAC address, vendor, model, and device type), information related to your router and Mesh (SAT) upload and usage information, places where equipment is located in your home, information related to people you may add (including information related to their name, picture, and the devices that belong to them), information related to top apps used, total usage time, bandwidth test results, content restrictions and time limits, device total usage (minutes and kilobytes), device bandwidth results, information related to the connections between your devices and your networks and routers, information related to the security of your devices and networks, information related to device and traffic priorities, equipment ID or unique identifier for each residential gateway device, network mesh performance data (including total bytes sent and received, total packets sent and received, physical send and receive rate, signal strength, maximum bit rate achieved, and channel), account ID, , broadband service description, broadband service tier, current price of broadband subscriber service, upstream and downstream speed, time stamped broadband flow data (containing source IP address/port number, destination IP address/ Port number, protocol in use, volume (in bytes)), FSAN serial number of the residential gateway device, hardware serial number of the residential gateway device, IP address of the residential gateway device, Wi-Fi performance metrics of the residential gateway device, list of active features on the gateway, list of installed modules on the gateway (name, version, and running status), MAC address of upstream router, connected subscriber device MAC address, serial number, device name, type, model, vendor, and OS, source IP address and port number of requesting device, file name (text string) of blocked files (such as viruses or malware), URLs (text strings) for blocked websites (e.g., because of user configured policy or detection of malicious content), destination IP address and “well-known” port number of requested web server or device, configuration and log data of EXOS Solutions Modules enabled on the residential gateway, list of devices that are allowed to bypass security, proof of service data (including date since last reboot, date of last update, amount of data processed, amount of packets analyzed that day, amount of viruses detected, amount of intrusions prevented, and amount of web-based threats stopped), schedule of specific types of application traffic types allowed for set periods of time, and time period a connected device has override priority.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes. This information may include information related to whether you live in an apartment complex, how you heard about us, and what excites you most about getting Medina Fiber service.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Products, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your Equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your use of our Products, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Products.
- Information about your computer, mobile device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, and the device’s unique device identifier.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). For information on your choices for opting out of behavioral tracking on this Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Products and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Products according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Products.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Products and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To understand how users interact with our Products and gauge user interest.
- To improve our Products and customize and optimize your experience.
- To conduct marketing and advertising activities.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Products or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, including: advertising networks, app store platforms, chatbot providers, data analytics providers, financial services providers, ISP billing providers, internet testing platforms, marketing providers, payment processors (Stripe processes transactions (including payment transactions) for us and may receive personal data from you), social networks (including links to our Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter pages), , technology solution providers, video sharing platforms, and web mapping applications.
- To third-party business partners, including streaming bundle service providers and telehealth providers.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Medina Fiber’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Medina Fiber about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the App End User License Agreement (“EULA”), Services Agreement, and for billing and collection.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Medina Fiber, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We do not respond to Do-Not-Track signals at this time; however, we have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions, or click “unsubscribe” in the relevant communication. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website or App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Data Security and Retention
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Products, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Products. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Products.